Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problems with HOT Catalog backups on NBU 6.0 mp4

2008-07-23 08:38:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problems with HOT Catalog backups on NBU 6.0 mp4
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: Joseph Despres <jdespres AT csc DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:23:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Joseph Despres wrote:
>
>> We have two issues with our HOT Catalog backups:
>>
>> 1...  Getting emails stating the backups failed but later it has a status
>> 0...
>>
>> 2...  Hot Catalog backup kicks off at 1am....  But doesn't start writing
>> until 4am to 5 am........
>>
>> It's critical that we complete the Hot catalog backup before 3 am....  And
>> of course this isn't happening!
>>
>> We do two Hot Catalog backups per day:  1 to a media server with attached
>> disk and 1 to media server
>> with attached tape drives...
>>
>> Master = Solaris 9 16gig 4cpus
>> Media  =  Solaris 9 16gig 4cpus
>
> Do you have 'Critical policies' enabled (do you have policies in that section
> of the catalog backup policy)?
>
> Justin.

Per your response,

Have the hot catalog backups ever worked properly? Do you have a tape
drive available at the time of the hot catalog backup?  I suggest setting
VERBOSE = 5 in bp.conf, make the appropriate log directories and see what
is happening during the time the catalog backup is scheduled to run.

Justin.