Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with HOT Catalog backups on NBU 6.0 mp4

2008-07-23 07:24:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with HOT Catalog backups on NBU 6.0 mp4
From: Joseph Despres <jdespres AT csc DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:12:49 -0400

We have two issues with our HOT Catalog backups:

1...  Getting emails stating the backups failed but later it has a status 0...

2...  Hot Catalog backup kicks off at 1am....  But doesn't start writing until 4am to 5 am........

It's critical that we complete the Hot catalog backup before 3 am....  And of course this isn't happening!

We do two Hot Catalog backups per day:  1 to a media server with attached disk and 1 to media server
with attached tape drives...

Master = Solaris 9 16gig 4cpus
Media  =  Solaris 9 16gig 4cpus

Thanks.....

Joe Despres...........
vonage:       1-919-266-1799........
magicjack:  1-919-665-2554........

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042, USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.