Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 25, Issue 38

2008-05-19 22:22:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 25, Issue 38
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:06:20 -0400
> Does anyone know if they made any changes to how DSU's are
> utilized in 6.5.1 ?
>
> We recently upgraded to NBU 6.5.1.  That is the only
> difference in our backup environment.  The hardware,
> network settings, policies and schedules are all exactly
> the same as our 6.0 MP4 setup.  Everything was imported
> via full catalog restore.

What was your process?  You seem to be saying you upgraded [from 6.0MP4]
to 6.5.1, then restored or in some way imported your [old?] catalog.
Unless I missed the memo, that isn't the correct process.  AFAIK,
NetBackup has never supported restoring/importing/whatevering an older
catalog version into a release.  You can

o  upgrade NetBackup to the new version and run on it

o  backup the catalog and recover it to a NetBackup system of the same
version, then upgrade that new system to the new release of NetBackup

o upgrade the current NetBackup version in place, backup the upgraded
catalog and recover it to a system running the new release of NetBackup

You probably already know that.  Can you clarify what process you used
to get to 6.5.1?