Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem installing 6.5.1 on REL 5.1

2008-03-19 09:36:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem installing 6.5.1 on REL 5.1
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:07:53 -0400
FYI:  You definitely need the compat-libstdc ++-296 (note 296 is part of
the package name not part of the version) for NBU 6.0 MP4 to install
correctly (see my recent thread about issue with logging message).  This
is true despite the fact that the install itself doesn't complain.  It
is also for backups to work which is the first time I did see it
complain.  It would not surprising you'd also need it for licensing.

You might want to reinstall AFTER installing the compatibility library.
As noted in my thread last week the logging error didn't go away when it
was applied later although the backup error did.