Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS

2008-02-29 13:54:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS
From: "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT Redstor DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:33:28 -0000

Folks,

Is anyone out there using Media Servers with multiple NICs on separate networks?  I am trying to understand how to force clients to use specific interfaces on the Media Server when sending backup data or receiving restore data.  Do I need to create multiple storage unit and Media Server entries to be able to target the clients through the policy?  Or am I on the wrong track altogether?

NBU 6.5 Solaris 10 Master and Media Servers – Media Servers have 4 NICs and clients are on multiple subnets.

Regards,

Paul Esson