Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup changes

2008-02-15 11:20:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup changes
From: "rcarlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: "'Jimmy Stewpot'" <qmail AT oranged DOT to>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:05:25 -0500
You can turn  auditing on in the JAVA GUI, if you use that.  However, the
tracking will be on the system that anyone logged in on.  You can tie that
down to one system and that would allow you to control it a little better.
I know that Aptare also does track some changes from within the GUI...but I
am not positive what level it comes down to.

Since any product is going to be somewhat dependant on what resources
Symantec has natively (if the changes aren't tracked within the product at
all, it's hard for a third party software to track them), it might be hard
to find a product that doe what you are looking for.  Depending on the level
of auditing you want.

I do know that NBU 7.0 is going to be a security focused release with much
more emphasis on auditing and tracking information.

Reneé Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation