Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup changes

2008-02-15 12:30:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup changes
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, <qmail AT oranged DOT to>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:55:55 -0700
We do use tripwire. It gives us the "what" but not the "who".

One problem for auditing we've found is that the while the java gui can
log the command strings, there's always the command line to circumvent.
If you don't hand out root and only use the GUI, then you can add the
"-lc" option to the jnbSA command line and log the commands it runs in
the background.

So, write a wrapper script to jnbSA, add the "-lc" option and a specific
log file location like this and you're got something that might work.

example:

>cat jnb
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA -l
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/gui_logs/$USER.`date +%y%m%d%H%M%S` -lc

It's not much but it keeps our auditors happy.