Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups only writing to one storage unit group member

2008-01-14 14:30:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups only writing to one storage unit group member
From: Dave Lowenstein <dlowenst AT mail.sdsu DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:05:18 -0800
I'm on netbackup 5.1 mp4 on solaris.

I set up some storage unit groups using disk staging storage units
(dssus). Backups that point to these groups are only writing to the
first member in the storage unit group, there's nothing being written to
the second storage unit.

The first storage unit is 100% full as a bunch of staging jobs haven't
completed yet, but at least one backup so far has failed due to no
space, even though the second member of the storage unit group is
sitting there with plenty of space.

After I created the storage unit groups I bounced the daemons.

What am I missing here?