Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Enterprise Backup Success Rate (Non Technical)

2008-01-04 09:09:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Enterprise Backup Success Rate (Non Technical)
From: "Cruice, Daniel \(US - Glen Mills\)" <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:53:51 -0500
I support a large backup infrastructure 10 media servers 1 master with a
remote site intergraded into ours.  Over 1000 clients.  Our fulls are
typically in the neighborhood of 30tB, daily incrementals are typically
around 8tb.  Using a HP ESL712e w/ 20 LTO3 drives, utilizing SSO.
Mutiplexed backups and Multistreamed backups for some of our bigger
servers.  Dedicated 1gb network w/ each media server having two 1GB nics
teamed.

Our success rate on all of our backups are about 99%...no BS here.  Not
to say we haven't had our share of issues, but typically that is what
our rate is.  I work in an environment where backups are about as
mission critical as the money making applications.

Thanks
Dan