Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Old tapes.

2007-12-14 12:39:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Old tapes.
From: "Robert G. Werner" <rwerner AT usscript DOT com>
To: "Deiter, Scott" <scottd AT HanoverDirect DOT com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:19:20 -0800
Deiter, Scott wrote:

> We are approaching the one year mark where we converted from the 300 to
> 600 gig SDLT/robot.
>
> So we are looking for a new home for about 100 of the 300 gig tapes.
> I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to resell these tapes.
>

> Scott Deiter
[snip]
Not to shill for any company but this outfit recently contacted us.
We only really had DLT media we wanted to get rid of but they were
paying something for SDLT and above.

Info follows below:
Robert,

I have attached a list of tapes we recycle along with a couple
documents on our secure "data-shredding" processes and certificate of
data destruction. We are D.O.D. compliant and comply with all other
laws, acts, rules and regulations such as HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
We are end-of-life tape recyclers and experts in data-shredding please
let us know what tapes you have that might be at their end-of-life and
out of archive and we can securely recycle them for you. Remember
these are depreciating assets and it is best to act sooner than later.

Call with any additional questions or concerns.

Remember it's cool to be GREEN! (As long as itÂ’s done securely)

Tape Media Recycling ProgramÂ… Reduce-Reuse-Recycle!

Most frequently recycled tape media:

SDLT, LTO, AIT, AME, 9940, 9840, 3590, 8MM, 4MM, ECT.

· We will BUY your used tapes – WE ARRANGE & PAY FOR FREIGHT

· Most secure data destruction processes in the industry!

· Price Matching

· Quick Payment

Buyback list and sample Confidentiality Agreement for the security of
your data will be supplied.
We want to help you recoup costs and save the environment at the same
time.

Kyle Gilbert
Recycle Your Media  "Secure End of Life Data Solutions"
P) 001-949-757-0100 F) 001-949-757-0818 AIM: media1kyle
kyle AT recycleyourmedia DOT com / www.RecycleYourMedia.com

--
Robert G. Werner (Network Systems Administrator)
rwerner AT usscript DOT com

559.244.3734