Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How do I add a Media Server to an existing NetBackup environment?

2007-11-12 11:27:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How do I add a Media Server to an existing NetBackup environment?
From: "Alexander Wasmuth" <alex AT wasmuth DOT org>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:04:38 +0100 (CET)
Alexander Skwar wrote:

> I now installed NetBackup 6.0 MP4 on a Solaris 9 system by running the
> install script from the NetBackup6.0MP4_Solaris_Server.tar file. It did show
> me
> the prompt mentioned above. Any ideas, about why that might be so?
>
> And, more importantly, how do I tell the just installed NetBackup,
> that this machine is not the master server, but that "xyz" instead is the
> master server?
>
> You can find the automatically created install_trace file at
> <http://s3.amazonaws.com/public-files.askwar/install_trace.2128>.

>>From your trace:

Enter license key:
DRXI-....................:
        NetBackup Server Base product with the following features enabled:
<<<

I don't know if this is still the case with NBU 6, but there was/is a
difference between "Server" and "Enterprise Server".

My trace looks like:

Enter license key:
XXXXXXXXX
        NetBackup Enterprise Server Base product with the following features
enabled:
<<<

Notice the difference.

You are only able to add media servers to your NBU domain with an enterprise
server license and in this case you would have the option to configure the new
system as an additional media server after the license key was checked.

Cheers,
Alex