Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How do I add a Media Server to an existing NetBackup environment?

2007-11-12 08:15:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How do I add a Media Server to an existing NetBackup environment?
From: "Alexander Skwar" <a.skwar AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:02:13 +0100
Hello.

It contains now, after the installation:

SERVER = augds01
CLIENT_NAME = augds01
EMMSERVER = augds01
VXDBMS_NB_DATA = /usr/openv/db/data

The master server is named "winds06". Thus I'd need to change SERVER to winds06.

What about EMMSERVER, though? Change it also to winds06? Remove that
line? Or leave it at augds01 (== name of media server)?

Thanks,
Alexander

On Nov 12, 2007 12:55 PM, Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com> wrote:
> Simple, edit your bp.conf file and make sure the top entry shows up
> as SERVER = your_master_server
>
> Justin.
>
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>
> > I wrote:
>
> [...]
> > What are those "other steps"? According to
> > <http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/How_do_I_add_a_Media_Server_to_an_existing_NetBackup_environment%3F>,
> > they are:
> [...]
> > 3. When prompted "is xyz the master server?" answer NO.
> [...]
>
> Hm.
>
> I now installed NetBackup 6.0 MP4 on a Solaris 9 system by running the
> install script from the NetBackup6.0MP4_Solaris_Server.tar file. It did
> show me the prompt mentioned above. Any ideas, about why that might be
> so?
>
> And, more importantly, how do I tell the just installed NetBackup,
> that this machine is not the master server, but that "xyz" instead is
> the master server?
>
> You can find the automatically created install_trace file at
> <http://s3.amazonaws.com/public-files.askwar/install_trace.2128>.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alexander Skwar

Alexander