Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Change retention in all tapes in a policy

2007-10-02 06:56:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Change retention in all tapes in a policy
From: "Bobby Williams" <bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 06:18:54 -0400
I still think that you have images on the media that were written with a
different policy, therefore only the images written by that policy are
having their retention changed to the shorter retention level.

You could use the media ID's instead of the policy to change the retention,
but you may end up expiring some images before you wanted to.

You could use bpduplicate to duplicate the images from the particular policy
to a new tape and then expire the original image.

Look at one of the level 6 tapes and do a bpimmedia on it to see what is
actually on the tape.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421