Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] deassign "Netbackup Media" ?

2007-10-01 13:07:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] deassign "Netbackup Media" ?
From: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:48:54 -0400
I had that problem with over 100 media
I finally found the fix for this.

Step 1
Check if the media exists in the database

"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\nbemmcmd" -listmedia
-mediaid A00001

Step 2
If not add it to the database

"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bptm" -makedbentry -m A00001
-den hcart -poolnum 1

Step 3
Expire the media

"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpexpdate" -d 0 -force
-m A00001

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services
Phone 626-339-5221 Ext 1104
Email  dlpreston AT landam DOT com

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may constitute a communication
that is legally privileged. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail, so that our
address record can be corrected.