Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup failing - VERITAS [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

2007-08-22 23:55:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup failing - VERITAS [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Rorke, Adam" <Adam.Rorke AT finance.gov DOT au>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:33:58 +1000
As I said before I had this problem and it occurred some days and other
days it would run fine.

The problem was that a database on the server in question was running
some maintenance thing during it's backup start time. Backup exec tried
to talk to the computer but due to its small resources it couldn't
contact it, there for it was missed.

And as I said before other times where I encountered the problem
countless times in a row (this was regarding ALL clients on the backup
sched, not 1 client on a sched where 10+ clients were involved) I found
it was a problem with the tape drive. 1 run through with a cleaning tape
fixed it.

If one doesn't work for you try the other, it can't hurt.