Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone using application clusters in NBU 6.0 MP4

2007-08-22 01:23:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone using application clusters in NBU 6.0 MP4
From: Ian.Fehring AT nab.com DOT au
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:58:24 +1000

Hi all,

We are having a few issues with our application clusters on our Solaris NBU 6.0 MP4 master server. We have the definitions in EMM, and running all the nbemmcmd outputs show that things look OK, but when running commands like bpmedialist against this application cluster server name, we receive an error as indicated.

Could not obtain report from host XXX, database system error.

We also receive some MM Status 136 error messages. I can do both forward and reverse lookups on this cluster name, and if I log into the cluster, I can run the bpclntcmd -pn etc commands OK as well.

The 136 error indicates that host name is too long (greater than 256 characters, but it is only actually 7 characters in length.

I have a storage unit configured with this cluster name, and it is running OK, its just that I cannot see what tapes have been assigned to it. Has anyone seen this type of error before, and have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Ian.
National Australia Bank Ltd - ABN 12 004 044 937
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us at postmaster AT nab.com DOT au or by replying to the sender, and then destroy all copies of this email. Except where this email indicates otherwise, views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not of National Australia Bank Ltd. Advice in this email does not take account of your objectives, financial situation, or needs. It is important for you to consider these matters and, if the e-mail refers to a product(s), you should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement(s)/other disclosure document(s) before making any decisions. If you do not want email marketing from us in future, forward this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to Unsubscriptions AT nab.com DOT au in order to stop marketing emails from this sender. National Australia Bank Ltd does not represent that this email is free of errors, viruses or interference.