Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: How to run multiple polices on the same client simultaneousl

2007-07-31 12:08:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: How to run multiple polices on the same client simultaneousl
From: dbwallis <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:35:15 -0700

cpreston wrote:

> So if:
>
> 1. You've got a high number in the global max jobs per client.
> 2. You leave the max jobs per policy alone (which is unlimited).
> 3. You put a high number in the max jobs per stunit.
> 4. You put a reasonable number in the multiplexing setting of your
> scheds.
>
> Then you'll get what you want!

Ok, this is what I have:

1. global max jobs set to 99
2. max jobs/policy = unlimited
3. max jobs/stunit = 32 (the max allowed)
4. If I set "media multiplexing" to > 1 in a policy, I get multiple jobs to a
single tape drive. If I set it = 1, I get multiple jobs to multiple tape drives
- exactly what I want.

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

-- David