Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] scratch pool compliance

2007-05-15 10:26:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] scratch pool compliance
From: bobbyrjw at comcast.net (bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:26:05 +0000
It really does not matter what you do to avoid the "rules of discovery" if you
don't have a formal policy saying that you are going to do what you describe
below.  You need to have a policy saying that you are doing it for "security"
reasons, not just to avoid legal stuff.

Without the policy in the IT plan, you may have to hand over every tape that
you have AND pay some third party to declare them empty of data.  Could cost
your company a fortune needlessly.

Remember, in Civil court (really wonder why the think it is civil), you are
guilty until you exhaust all of your money.

Bobby.

From: Jerry <juanino at yahoo.com>