Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing Up Network Drives in Win2003

2007-05-07 21:43:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up Network Drives in Win2003
From: jamisonj at zgi.com (JAJA (Jamie Jamison))
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 18:43:30 -0700
Due to some problems with the NDMP implementation in our NAS head I'm
forced (temporarily I hope) to back up NAS volumes by mounting them on a
server and creating a policy that allows metwork drives to be backed up.
On UNIX this works just fine, NFS mount the volumes, set up the policy
and watch it run. However on Windows it's not so easy. The Windows guy I
work with (who is very, very sharp) has mapped two of the NAS volumes to
drive letters on a Win2003 host. I've tried backing this thing up and
every time I do I get type 71 errors (none of the files in the list
exist). I've tried backing up using both the mapped drive letters and
the UNC path and every attempt has failed.

bpdir -M

from the command line of my master server does not show the drive
letters of the mapped network drives. I don't know if this is relevant
or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Jamie Jamison