Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reporting scripts

2007-04-17 01:01:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reporting scripts
From: jeff.cleverley at avagotech.com (Jeff Cleverley)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:01:03 -0600
Greetings,

I know things like this have been discussed but I haven't found a way to
get what I want from the command line.  It looks like I need a little
bit of output from bpdbjobs -all_columns, using the lastbackup column
definition in the bp.conf file, and part of the bpcatlist command.  I
have spent considerable time looking on the web and RTFM (several of
them).  Here is what I'm trying to get.  If you know of a command that
gives all of this or have a script that will dig all this up, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Client name, file system or mount point, last successful full date, last
successful incremental date.  I want something like:

client1,/,04/01/2007 19:20:00, 04/16/2007 20:00:03
client1,/mnt/data,04/01/2007 19:38:00, 04/16/2007 21:33:00

The main need is to be able to see the date of the last complete full
and incremental backup for each file system on each client and media
server.  I've been having some backup issues and don't have a good
handle on what is really out of date.

It would be nice to be able to get sizes with each of the backups for
the file systems for trending purposes.  I can get all of this from my
Data Protector backups and want to add in the Veritas information.  I am
going to create a MySQL database and create a front end that will allow
the users to enter a host name and it will show them the above information.

The environment is NBES 5.1 MP2 running on a hpux 11.i master.

I'm guessing this is why Aptare and Bocada are in business :-)

Thanks,

Jeff