Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reporting scripts

2007-04-17 10:54:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reporting scripts
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 07:54:51 -0700 (PDT)
> I know things like this have been discussed but I haven't found a way to
> get what I want from the command line.  It looks like I need a little
> bit of output from bpdbjobs -all_columns, using the lastbackup column
> definition in the bp.conf file, and part of the bpcatlist command.  I
> have spent considerable time looking on the web and RTFM (several of
> them).  Here is what I'm trying to get.  If you know of a command that
> gives all of this or have a script that will dig all this up, I would
> greatly appreciate it.
>
> Client name, file system or mount point, last successful full date, last
> successful incremental date.  I want something like:
>
> client1,/,04/01/2007 19:20:00, 04/16/2007 20:00:03
> client1,/mnt/data,04/01/2007 19:38:00, 04/16/2007 21:33:00

I don't have anything that does exactly that, but it's close.  I can at
least tell you how I'm getting the data:

Use 'bppllist' to get the list of clients in active policies.

For each of those clients, get a list of images in the time frame of
interest (can limit to full at this stage if you want) with 'bpimagelist'.

For each of those images, use 'bpflist' to get the name of the first
file in the backup.  That's normally the filesystem or directory that is
being backed up.

Sort the ones with the same name by date and report the last one.

'bpdbjobs' would give you the filesystem mapping a bit more directly,
but then you're limited to what's in the jobs list.  If you kept that
and stored it in your own database, that would be easier to manipulate.
I went to the file data because it hangs around longer.

> I'm guessing this is why Aptare and Bocada are in business :-)

Seems to be.  :-)

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com