Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Preventing Media Expiration when doing a Catalog

2007-04-04 11:37:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Preventing Media Expiration when doing a Catalog
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 08:37:20 -0700 (PDT)
> We are restoring a catalog tape to our dv environment(same server name).
> The catalog db seems to be expiring the images we are testing with since
> time has progressed past the expiry time.
>
> Is there a way to tell the catalog db to not expire any images?

I came across this information in the past and wrote it down, but I am
not sure how well it works.  But reportedly touching

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/NOexpire

will tell netbackup to not perform any expiration.  I figure it's good
for a decommissioned or DR server that is not actually performing any
active backups and doesn't need the space.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com