Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Preventing Media Expiration when doing a Catalog

2007-04-05 11:26:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Preventing Media Expiration when doing a Catalog
From: Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:26:22 -0500
I think i ran into a bug with /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/NOexpire or the
catalog restore.

I tried to re-import the catalog tape of that were expired but the images
did not show up. The images and catalog i'm looking for are 3 weeks old
while the retention is 2 weeks.

So NOexpire either doesn't work or I think the netbackupDB was possibly
re-applying the transaction logs after the restore.

I restored a 1 week old catalog/images and i can see them fine. I'll find
out in about 1 week if NOexpire works.

I'm not sure if i'm going to place a service call with Symantec about this
or not, it depends on how much time i have to log everything they need.

Karl