Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2

2006-12-19 12:30:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2
From: Philip.Weber at egg.com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:30:13 -0000
I've also heard that once you've used LTO2 media in an LTO3 drive, you
can't then read it in an LTO2 drive.  Not sure where I got this from
though.

I've also got some new LTO3 drives having asked for LTO2...so far they
seem to be running slower than the LTO2s as I can't supply data to them
fast enough :-(... time to play with mpx and buffer sizes...

Phil Weber
Business Technology (Egg)
Storage Technical Services - Senior UNIX Technologist