Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2

2006-12-19 09:29:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2
From: dbrown at worknetinc.com (Dave Brown)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:29:28 -0600
Well,  My boss just got me a new LTO3 drive to put in my library.  I
asked for an LTO2 as I already have 2 of these in the lib and 100's of
tapes but I have one nonetheless

The lib sees the drive as does NetBackup but it says that there are no
tapes available...barcode reader I'm sure.

Is there a way to make the LTO3 use the LTO2 tapes and write to them at
the proper density ?

I tried changing the type to hcart2 as my others are but it did not
take.  I may have to restart services but have to wait for some jobs to
finish.  Figured I'd throw it up to the group while I wait.

NetBackup 6.0 MP4
Windows 2003
Quantum 1500 lib

This message (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
individual to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of
this message by someone other than the intended addressee or their designated
agent is strictly prohibited. Information included in this message that does
not relate to the specified business of Worknet shall be understood as neither
given by nor endorsed by Worknet or its employees.  Any cost estimates or
estimated quotes included in this message are considered non-binding estimates
only and must not be considered final costs unless contained within an official
proposal document.