Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6 compatibility w/ 3.4 Clients?

2006-12-12 11:26:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 compatibility w/ 3.4 Clients?
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:26:05 -0500
I'm implementing 6.0 here and I'm wondering how critical it is that we
upgrade *every last client* to 4.5+ !?  We only purchased a limited
number of 6.0 clients, most of our machines are 4.5 or 5.1.  But what
about the 3.4s?  I know they aren't supported, but will it work?  I
don't mind spending time upgrading these machines, but many of them are
more hassle than their worth IMO.  If I can get backups of them with the
3.4 client, many will be replaced within the next year or so.  Anyone
even try this?  I don't mind spending the time upgrading the 4.5s and
5.1s to 6.0 for critical servers, but I've got 30 machines that sit
around not doing much of anything.  Their probably not worth backing up,
much less getting an outage for client upgrade. =P

-Jonathan