Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Merging Master servers

2006-10-27 02:48:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Merging Master servers
From: ida3248b at post.cybercity.dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:48:41 +0200
Hello Greg

I have done something similar from a windows master to a Solaris under NBU
4.5, what we did was copying the relevant db/images on to new master, put a
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER entry in bp.conf. As a security measure we frozen
all the tapes written by the old master. In your case I think you should be
able to copy the mediaDB from the Linux media server to Solaris media server.

Try to use the archive search, I'm pretty that a detailed procedure for
merging masters was posted on the this list

Regards
Michael

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:52:16 -0400, Hindle, Greg wrote
> We have 1 Red hat Linux netbackup 5.1 master server that we need to merge
with a Solaris 9 netbackup 5.0 master server, Symantec support will not help
with this. Anyone out there done this or know the best way to do this?
> The Linux master will be replaced with a netbackup media server running
Solaris 10 and it will hang off the Solaris 9 netbackup 5.0 master. So I need
any restore request to go to this new media server that will replace the
Linux master server.

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)