Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Merging Master servers

2006-10-26 15:52:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Merging Master servers
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:52:16 -0400
We have 1 Red hat Linux netbackup 5.1 master server that we need to
merge with a Solaris 9 netbackup 5.0 master server, Symantec support
will not help with this. Anyone out there done this or know the best way
to do this?

The Linux master will be replaced with a netbackup media server running
Solaris 10 and it will hang off the Solaris 9 netbackup 5.0 master. So I
need any restore request to go to this new media server that will
replace the Linux master server.

Any thoughts?

Greg