Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow

2006-09-11 07:44:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 06:44:42 -0500
On 9/11/2006 6:34 AM, Ganapathy G wrote:
> Recently I Installed Netbackup 6.0 MP3 in our environment with the
> following architecture.  1 Master Server and 2  Media Server. I am
> taking file server backup
> of Mapped Drive of SAN with 730 GB of Data. This is the same server in
> which Media Server is attached . I am having LTO 3 Robotic Library with
> 28 Slots (HP MSP 6000 Model). The Backup takes 30 Hours to finish entire
> 730GB at 7000 KB/ Sec (6MB/Sec)  of data and i tried all the performance
> tuning mentioned in Netbackup guide.  Nothing worked. Anybody does the
> tuning and any suggestion to reduce my backup windows

Do you have lots and lots of small files or large files?  If you have a
lot of small files, then you may need to look at something like
FlashBackup to improve your performance.

You said you've tried everything in the tuning guide so there's not much
else for us to recommend.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA