Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Jobs won't go active

2006-08-03 15:22:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Jobs won't go active
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:22:39 -0500
* Ed Wilts <ewilts at ewilts.org> [2006-08-02 14:08]:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 04:34:31PM +0100, Whelan, Patrick wrote:
> > I have found that if you run
> > bprdreq -rereadconfig; bpschedreq -read_stunits; bpschedreq
> > -read_stu_config
>
> And I've run into a case where doing this killed NetBackup to the point
> that no jobs ran.  Safer to restart NBU IMO.  NBU 6 does allow you to
> create STUs on the fly though.

Cleaner, not necessarily safer ;-)

Seriously, restarting NBU if possible is generally a better idea,
especially if all your media servers are dedicated.  The problems we
have seen usually come from trying to restart NBU and having it lock up
during a restart, forcing a reboot of the server.  The other problem is
if this is happening at a time that you are unable to restart NBU for
some reason (like lots of important backups currently running).

Most of these are questions because of what political climate your
backup system lives in :-)

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com