Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Installation of NOM fails - jacorb.properties not found

2006-07-25 17:38:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Installation of NOM fails - jacorb.properties not found
From: Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com (Sponsler, Michael)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:38:47 -0400
I'm attempting to install NOM on a Netbackup 6.0 (not updated, no MP1,
MP2, or MP3) Master Server on Solaris 10.  They are on the same release
and MP level.  During the NOM install, it freezes during the NOM pkgadd
portion basically.  It dies at this part:

NOM_dbsrv Installation completed successfully
Starting VERITAS NOM SERVER
NOM Database Server Running (pid 26015)
Vxamnom is not yet configured.  Now Executing the following config:
        cd /opt/VRTSamnom
        . ./setam_env.sh
        ./configure_vxam 5431 "DRIVER=Adaptive Server Anywhere
9.0;ENG=VERITAS_NOM_hostname;DBN=vxam;links=tcpip{host=localhost;port=13
729}" "-g /opt/VRTSnom/config/vxam.conf"

My process of install has been:
Install PBX
Install Netbackup 6.0 Master Server
Install VRTSat
run the NOM install, it installs VRTSjre, VRTSweb, VRTSamnom

Trying to re-install, it detects that the following are installed, and
that a partial installation of VRTS not has been detected and will be
removed
Following are already installed:
VRTSamnom:        4.02.0243
VRTSicsco:            1.2.3.18
VRTSjre                1.4
VRTSpbx:            1.2.2.41
VRTSweb:            4.2
VRTSat:                4.2.2.21

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Did anyone do anything
different during their install process above than what I did?

Thanks,

--
Mike Sponsler
Northrop Grumman