Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive Type

2006-07-19 02:23:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive Type
From: Asiye.Yigit at gantek.com (Asiye Yiğit)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:23:20 +0300
Hi Waever,
I agree with you that netbackup will refuse any other media type except
the one the drive matches. My question is whether NetBackup will adjust
the density to the type of the drive (equal type of the media).

I mean if I set drive density to hcart2 for hcart3 drive, what would the
capacity for that media be? Is it like hcart3 regardless of the setting
in netbackup ? I will use T10000A FC. I am thinking what shoud the media
type be? I am  thinking to set the media type to hcart3. However, on the
other location, there is a robot in LTO3 format. I am afraid that if
that medias came to  that site and they were put to that library,
T10000A would try to mount it and T10000A would be damaged due to that.
I am thinking to set the media type to one which is absent from any
other location. So, Could you please explain us what the drive type
means in netbackup world? How is it important?

Regards,