Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Making Barcodes?

2006-07-06 17:18:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Making Barcodes?
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:18:11 -0500
On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 03:51:33PM -0400, Martin, Jonathan (Contractor) wrote:
> I'm about to order several hundred tapes, and I'm wondering about the
> possibility of making my own Barcodes?  Does anyone make their own
> barcodes?  I recently ordered some cleaning cartridge barcodes and they
> came on (what looked to me like) cardstock run through a laser printer.
> Almost like those "make your own business card" setups at the local
> Office Depot.  Anyone out there making their own barcodes / have any
> suggestions?

we looked at it but discovered that ordering pre-labeled tapes makes
much more sense for us.  Price out the tapes including barcodes and do
the math, factoring in your time to print all the barcodes and insert
them in the tapes yourself.  If you've put several hundred barcodes in
yourself, you'll give yourself a paper-cut or two and cuss out the
person who ordered tapes without labels :-)

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org