Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sap backup agent on sun cluster !

2006-07-03 07:41:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sap backup agent on sun cluster !
From: ida3248b at post.cybercity.dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:41:51 +0200
Hi Ayaz

Here is the howto I use:
Database agent backup on a cluster on UNIX

On the master server:

You will have to make at least three clients:
physical node1 name
physical node2 name
logical node name

under /usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames create the files:
physical node1 name containing logical node name
physical node2 name containing logical node name

On the physical nodes
Under the database admin users home directory make a local copy of bp.conf
and change CLIENT... to
CLIENT_NAME=logical node name

For SAP:
in the utl-file set
client logical node name

Also make the dbclient and backint directories under NetBackup/logs on the
clients to get more specific information of what is going wrong.

Regards
Michael

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:07:33 +0400, Ayaz Anjum wrote
> Hi !
>
> I am trying to configure sap agent on a sun cluster 3.1. The sap is
configured to used Logical hostname on sun cluster so it can be failed over
to other node.
> When I try to take backup of sap agent using logical hostname I get
following error
> BR0233E Backup utility has reported an error while saving
file /oracle/R3P/sapdata4/r3pusr_1/r3pusr.data1
> BR0233E Backup utility has reported an error while saving
file /oracle/R3P/sapbackup/cntrlR3P.dbf

> However when I use the physical hostname, I can take a successful backup
>
> In the initSAP.utl file, when I specify logical hostname for the client
parameter my backup job fails with above error, however if I specify physical
hostname the backup runs through successfully