Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 1 (was: Typical success rates?)

2006-06-30 07:34:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 1 (was: Typical success rates?)
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 06:34:49 -0500
On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:16:28AM +0100, WEAVER, Simon wrote:

> As the image is stored in the DB, I still see Status 1 as a good backup.

That really, really depends on your particular situation.  You can get a
status 1 if you try to back up an active Oracle or SQL database.  The
database will not be restorable.  You can back up Exchange live and get
a status 1 - you won't get anything useful on a restore of it either.

> Anything higher is what I class a failure.

Anything that's not restorable is a failure, no matter if it's a status
1 or higher.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA