Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sql server policies

2006-02-17 14:09:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sql server policies
From: stumpb AT michigan DOT gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:09:12 -0500
I have gotten some responses on this question but I still don't get it.

I have automatically scheduled backups enabled for the MS-SQL server.
I have a policy named server-sql-full that runs a batchfile called full.bch
I have another policy, server-sql-diff that runs a batchfile called diff.bch
I have another policy, server-sql-trans that runs a batchfile called trans.bch

I would like to have a single policy that contains all 3 batchfiles
full.bch
diff.bch
trans.bch

Can I do this by creating 4 schedules in one policy
sched-full
sched-diff
sched-trans
Default-Application-Backup
and listing all 3 batchfiles in the "Backup selections"?

How can I keep the diff.bch from running when I want to run the full.bch?
I understand that the schedule will want to run ALL batchfiles listed in the
"Backup Selections".
Is it possible to use an exclude_list to exclude diff.bch from the sched-full
schedule?

>>> "Bob Stump" <stumpb AT michigan DOT gov> 2/17/2006 8:45 AM >>>
I have been trying to figure out how to cut down the number of policies for a
MS-SQL server
I have one policy for a sql full which calls for the specific batch file for
fulls.
I have one policy for a sql diff which calls for the specific batch file for
incrementals
I have one policy for the transaction log which calls for the specific batch
file for the translog
I have one policy for the system level backup

Is there some way I could combine the Full/Diff/Trans policies into 1?