Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sql server policies

2006-02-17 14:29:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sql server policies
From: stumpb AT michigan DOT gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:29:50 -0500
Is that the purpose of the "NBSCHED" which does not exist by default?

>>> "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca> 2/17/2006 2:15 PM >>>
I haven't played with it a lot, but my understanding is that you have
one script listed in the "backup selections", and you create multiple
schedules, called full, diff, trans, etc.

When the backup launches, the schedule name gets passed to the client as
a parameter (argument) to the script.

You write the script on the client to parse the schedule name, and run
the appropriate backup job.

Least that's what I got from my very superficial look at the topic.

Paul