Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive is not ready or inoperable

2005-12-21 08:03:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive is not ready or inoperable
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:03:49 -0500
Do they stay up till a backup jobs starts? Did this happen after a
reboot or a new hardware install?
FC or SCSI?

The drives could be out of numeric order in the robot. (ie Netbackup
config thinks robotic drive#1 is really #2 etc....happened to be a
couple times on unix systems when adding a drive, and the device files
get shuffled. )

Paul