Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas and iSCSI luns on a Netapp

2005-12-08 13:10:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas and iSCSI luns on a Netapp
From: netbacker AT gmail DOT com (Sto Rage© )
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:10:36 -0800
Hope you are aware that if you use NDMP, you are backing up the entrie
LUN as a single file. So you will not be able to do single file
restores, unless you restore the entire 500GB LUN to a different
location and then use iscsi to mount it... so you have to have another
500GB of space on the Netapp available for restores (for single file
restores).  Using NBU client would be the better option for you, but
if you have a 2nd filer, like a nearline R200, you can snapvault the
LUN to it and use that for single file restores.
HTH
-G