Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas and iSCSI luns on a Netapp

2005-12-07 17:29:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas and iSCSI luns on a Netapp
From: andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com (Andrew Stueve)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 17:29:26 -0500
OK, the subject says most of it.

master - Solaris 9, Veritas 5.1MP4 - library with 2 fiber attached LTO3
drives
Client - Windows 2k3, Veritas 5.1MP4 - The Client has a 500GB iSCSI lun
from a NetApp.

As is, I can only backup the data on the iSCSI luns by a client on the
Win2k3 machine.  I am considering NDMP, and Advanced client for backing
up iSCSI lun.  That should probably work OK.

However, this would be 3-way NDMP, limited by network bandwith. Still OK?

 What if I add fiber cards to the NetApp?  Can I use SSO to share the
drives?

Anyone have practical experience to share?

--
Andrew Stueve
andrew.stueve AT neovera DOT com