Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackUp over a WAN ... [recommendations please]

2005-11-01 05:52:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackUp over a WAN ... [recommendations please]
From: richard_hellier AT hotmail DOT com (Richard Hellier)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:52:23 -0000
Alex,
        What we do is to use Robocopy (between windows systems) and rsync
(between unix systems) to bring data from remote sites to local disk
partititions which are then backed up by N/B in the usual way.  This method
has the advantage that restores of the most recent files can be done
immediately from the disk copies without getting N/B involved (and waiting
for tapes to be loaded and read).

Cheers,

Richard.