Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help - Severe Error With NetBackup Enterprise and Solaris8->Solaris10

2005-10-12 13:55:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help - Severe Error With NetBackup Enterprise and Solaris8->Solaris10
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
> I am getting, error with status(89) encountered with setup of shared
> memory.
>
> =20
>
> This is my /etc/system file from Solaris 8 (and 10)

[snip]
> Did the method to change these change in Solaris 10?

Yes, quite a bit.  Most of them may not need to be set.  /etc/system and
reboots aren't necessary to change anything.  Instead of a per-system
setting, it's now per-project.  It's dynamic, but the way you deal with
it is different.

Some references:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-0404/6mg74vsb6?a=view
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuoim?a=view

I don't have any idea what will happen if you just leave the old stuff
hanging around in /etc/system and don't use the new facilities...