Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Resources & backup commitments

2005-10-03 10:23:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Resources & backup commitments
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:23:59 -0500
We're about the same size and we do it with 1 person maintaining the
backup environment as a primary with a couple of people who could
handle it if necessary. Admins of the individual servers handle
restores and their own client patching. On top of backups I'm also one
of the unix admin team members - that actually takes more of my time.

I've written scripts that notify appropriate people if their backups
fail etc. so I'm not the only responsible for logs.

I don't handle storage, though I'd like to see what I could do with a
netapp and some of it's technology. Seems Veritas and NetApp have been
working closely on some features for 6.0.

-Charlie