Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore of Netbackup image to Backup Exec server???

2005-09-22 10:17:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore of Netbackup image to Backup Exec server???
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:17:17 -0500
If it's not a multiplexed backup and if you don't need to restore to a
server other than the one with the tape drive attached, you can do the
restore with gnu tar (send the binary out of a netbackup install --
since they're based on the GNU tar, it should be covered by the GPL.
There might be some tricks if it's not one large backup piece, but
otherwise, it works -- i've done it. Yay for using industry standards
for data on tape :)

-Charlie