Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4.1 with Solaris 9/10

2005-04-15 10:47:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4.1 with Solaris 9/10
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
> note that inetd isnt the same under solaris 10, so
> installing ver < 5.1/5.0+latest mp(for sol10 support)
> will not work as those installs are based on the
> inetd.conf style of starting services.

inetd.conf still exists in Solaris 10 and you can still be used as it
used to be.  You just need to run 'inetconv' after modifying it.  (If
you just send it a HUP, it'll log a message that you need to run
inetconv).

I haven't tried to run NBU on Solaris 10 yet, so I'm not certain what
exactly the patch mentioned in 275107 does...