Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Audit script...

2005-03-29 16:58:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Audit script...
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:58:46 -0600
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 11:26:15AM -0600, ZIMMER, RANDY K [AG/1000] wrote:
> Has anyone written a script to do a backup audit?  We have something
> in place to get information about our backups but the hardest thing to
> get is the days of the week the backup runs. The user comes back and
> says I see my backup is active but when does it run?  Can anybody help
> on this?

http://www.aptare.com.  It's commercial, but it really does do a nice
job of reporting.  The users can visit the web portal themselves and see
exactly when their backups last ran and how much data it backs up.
Every time a DBA asks me about his backups, I tell him to go visit the
portal - the answer is there.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org