Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unsupported configuration ?

2005-01-27 11:51:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unsupported configuration ?
From: mark.a.goodchild AT jpmchase DOT com (mark.a.goodchild AT jpmchase DOT com)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:51:44 +0000
Hi all,

I have a problem which is of our own making and was wondering if anyone had
some ideas on it.
We have 3 production boxes which have a 4.5 client on which unfortunately
have been backing up to a 3.4 master and 3.4 media server.
Backups finish with a 0 return code but we are unable to restore data.
This data is vital and I was wondering if I imported the images from the
old 3.4 system into the new 4.5 system it would be successful.
There is no option of upgrading the old 3.4 to 4.5.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark