Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Different Cartridge Types

2005-01-27 11:50:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Different Cartridge Types
From: jennifer.hooper AT peregrine DOT com (Jennifer Hooper)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:50:57 -0800
Duplicate Barcode labels just reared it's ugly head here, and caused some
pretty major problems between my media and master server.  I kept running
out of media, and couldn't figure out why.  If you have duplicates in your
library, your media server cannot update the volume db on the master server,
because it fails with the duplication error.  We had some really major
problems, and I'm surprised it didn't blow up before.  Removing the tapes
solved the problem... But it was bad for us because we had well over 20 dupe
tapes. :O  My recommendation would be to avoid this at all costs!

Hope this helps!

Jen