Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L700 tapes ejecting help

2005-01-06 14:03:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L700 tapes ejecting help
From: WBedour AT lear DOT com (BeDour, Wayne)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:03:33 -0500
Dave:
We are running HP-UX with a SureStore 20/700 tape library.  I have a script
that that we run via cron that selects tapes written to a specific policy
and all full tapes then ejects them to the cap.  If you think this will
help, let me know and I'll send you a copy of the script.

Wayne BeDour
IT Unix System Administrator
PH: 313-240-3374  FAX:  313-240-3065
Internet:  wbedour AT lear DOT com

Dave Markham wrote, in part,  on 1/6/2005 6:39 AM:

> Has anyone got a Sun L700 and they automatically eject tapes for ops.
>
> I had assumed ops could just go down to the unit and open it up and
> take out the tapes with barcodes i gave them, but i have been told i
> need to eject tapes to some load port.

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.