Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor Console Feature

2005-01-04 00:43:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Activity Monitor Console Feature
From: sanju149 AT yahoo DOT com (sanju p)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:43:41 -0800 (PST)
--0-1228275543-1104817421=:48641

Hi,

I am new to veritas netback,kindly guide me.

I have version 4.5 ..i want to assign only activity monitor to a person for
only monitoring.
I have heard its a feature in 5.1 version...but would like to know if there is
a way to do it in version 4.5
I dont want to create a normal user on the server and let him use jnbSA

Till now wht i have done is
1)installed admin console on a windows machine.
2) edited the auth.conf file and bp.conf file to give authorisation
but the admin console on the windows machine directly gets in..assuming root
permissions.It does not prompt for a password.

Please guide.

Regards,
Sanju

--0-1228275543-1104817421=:48641

<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am new to veritas netback,kindly guide me.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have version 4.5 ..i want to assign only activity monitor to a person
for only monitoring.</DIV>
<DIV>I have heard its a feature in 5.1 version...but would like to know if
there is a way to do it in version 4.5</DIV>
<DIV>I dont want to create a normal user on the server and let him use
jnbSA</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Till now wht i have done is </DIV>
<DIV>1)installed admin console on a windows machine.</DIV>
<DIV>2) edited the auth.conf file and bp.conf file to give authorisation </DIV>
<DIV>but the admin console on the windows machine directly gets in..assuming
root permissions.It does not prompt for a password.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please guide.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Sanju</DIV><p>
                <hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
<a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/mobile/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo";>Take
 Yahoo! Mail with you!</a> Get it on your mobile phone.
--0-1228275543-1104817421=:48641--